About this web
UPCtv and HTML5 player
This version of UPCtv uses the HTML5 video player on all browsers that support the H.264 video codec or the WebM video format. If you use a browser that does not support this technology, you can use the Adobe Flash Player to watch the audiovisual content.
- Firefox 4.0+ (WebM, download the latest version )
- Google Chrome 5.0+ / 6.0+ (h.264 / WebM, download the latest version )
- Opera 10.5+ / 10.6+ (WebM, download the latest version )
- Apple Safari 3.0+ (h.264, download the latest version )
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0+ (h.264, download the beta version )
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, 7, or 8 with Google Chrome Frame installed (download Google Chrome Frame )
- Full-screen mode is partially implemented. If you click on the full-screen button, the video player will fill your entire browser window.
- If your browser does not support HTML5, JW Player will automatically be used instead.
- Firefox and Opera only use the HTML5 player for WebM-encoded videos.
The content and applications of this website are managed using the open-source software Plone , which has already been used on the main UPC website and on GenWeb , and is the tool used to create all of the UPC’s institutional web pages.
To play audiovisual content, we use JW Player™ , a highly flexible non-commercial video player that can handle any format supported by Adobe Flash Player (FLV, H.264, MP4, MP3, AAC, JPG, PNG and GIF), in addition to several real-time streaming formats (RMTP, HTTP, live streaming and others) and XML playlists. JW Player 5 was the first version of this player to be entirely developed using free, open-source software. UPCtv currently uses JW Player 5.4 , the first version of JW Player to support HTML5.
Under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported licence, all UPCtv content can be copied, distributed or publicly performed, provided that the following conditions are met:
Attribution: The source of the content must be credited.
Non-commercial: The work may not be used for commercial purposes, nor may it be altered, transformed or built upon.
No derivative works: The work may not be altered, transformed or built upon.
Legal notice on protection of personal data
In compliance with Organic Law 15/1999 of 13 December, on the protection on personal data, we hereby inform you that any personal data collected by means of forms on this website will be treated confidentially.
This data will be included in files of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya and used to appropriately handle and respond to the questions or suggestions communicated via the forms. You may exercise your right to access, correct, contest or cancel your data at any time by contacting the webmaster.